Volunteers make a statement that despite everything – despite poverty and hatred, despite apathy, despite challenges we face – people can change the world for the better. Volunteers are providing grassroots solutions to humanity’s most pressing needs.
- Kofi Annan, former Secretary-General of the United Nations
Welcome to Cuso International online application system.
Use this online system to submit your application for an overseas volunteer placement with Cuso International.
The application process has 6 steps and will take an estimated 30 minutes to complete. You will not be able to save any information or move between the English or French form. Your application must also be completed in one session.
Please have the following information ready:
- Your basic personal information, including contact information.
- Your updated resume (Word or pdf. format) describing your education, employment and volunteering experience pertinent to the placement to which you are applying. If you prefer to use our Cuso International template, you may download it here. Please note: if you are selected to volunteer overseas, you may be asked to format your CV using the Cuso International template. You will need to upload your completed resume in Step 5.
- A personal statement explaining your motivation for volunteering with Cuso International and how working overseas with Cuso International would fit into your personal and professional goals. (500 words maximum)
- The contact information (name and email address) for three references:
- One Personal Reference - someone who has known you for at least three years.
- Two Professional References - someone who can comment on your professional skills such as your current/recent employer, academic advisor or a client if you are self-employed.
Thank you for your interest in development and in Cuso International.